Community Home Care is a local not for profit organisation that provides home and community care services to older Australians and younger people with a disability throughout the lower South West. With offices in Bunbury and Donnybrook our aim is to maintain the independence of our clients through the provision of low cost support services that are flexible and meet their changing needs
Community Home Care formally known as BEADS (Bunbury Elderly and Disabled Support) was founded by volunteers in 1987 essentially offering support with transport and social interaction to help people remain living independently at home.
Since our humble beginnings we have grown to become one of the leading HACC service providers in the greater Bunbury area. With this growth and success in 2011 we were able to open our Donnybrook branch enabling us to extend our services to people within the greater Donnybrook/Balingup region.
Today the organisation receives 2 million in funding annually and offers over eleven different services to approximately 1,500 people throughout the Bunbury, Donnybrook and Balingup region .
We continue to remain a non profit community group managed by a voluntary management committee that is elected annually. With our services day to day carried out by over 50 staff and over 100 volunteers across the South West.
- DOMESTIC ASSISTANCE: Cleaning and Shopping Assistance
- PERSONAL CARE: Showering, medication prompts etc. getting in and out of bed, basic foot care
- FOOD SERVICES: Meal assistance, learning to cook, nutritional education, menu planning preparing cooking and freezing meals, cooking for special diets
- MEALS ON WHEELS: Meals on Wheels delivery
- SOCIAL SUPPORT: Community Group outings, support to access the community, social support, form filling, bill paying, telephone support, home visits, Sunday for Seniors, Men’s Group
- CBDC: Social Groups Craft, Movies, Book Club, Scrabble Club
- HOME MAINTENANCE: Lawn mowing, pruning, weeding, odd jobs, smoke alarm checks
- TRANSPORT: Shopping , medical appointments, social activities, Perth transport medical
Community Home Care stand by our core values of:
- CARING for our clients
- RELIABILTY everyday
- CONSISTENCY in all that we do
- PROFESSIONAL in our approach
- Committed to EXCELLENCE
OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE
At Community Home Care we are committed to providing you with reliable personalised services that allow you to live “Your Life / Your Way”.
Our focus is on you, we understand how important it is to remain living in your home for as long as you are able to.
The Community Home Care team are here to support you to maintain your independence and wellbeing through consistent and reliable service provision.
Community Home Care is committed to the Wellness Approach in the delivery of its services. We are committed in our approach to services to assist clients by actively supporting them to maintain their independence and keep active.
What this means for clients is that we will actively work with them to help with the daily tasks that they are unable to do.
We do not take over the activities that they are able to do for themselves, ensuring they remain as independent as possible.
At Community Home Care our Wellness Approach:
- ADDRESSES individual client need in a holistic way, taking into consideration their abilities, strengths and difficulties.
- ENABLES individuals to set goals and make decisions about the support they receive.
- ENSURES that the support services we are delivering are in partnership with clients and/or their carers
- ENCOURAGES clients to maintain social connections and links within the community.
- ACKNOWLEDGES that service delivery requires flexibility to meet the individual and changing needs of clients.
- SUPPORTS clients to have a choice and assists them in their decision making.
Wellbeing and enablement is about looking, feeling and being the best you can be emotionally, mentally and physically. The team at Community Home Care provide you with lifestyle choices to help support you to Live Your Life/ Your Way. It is our purpose to assist you to remain living independently at home for as long as you are able to.
Courtesy of CommunityWest